My Top Spots For Media Consumption!



WHAT MEDIA I CONSUME

Before reading where I receive my media from, I felt it was important to explain what types of media I usually consume. If I am going to suggest where to get media, readers should understand why I go there! I dedicate time to understand the weather of the fashion industry. Trends are constantly changing; this is important to keep up with for my future career! I also occasionally use media to understand what is going on in our world and why! Lastly, in order to prioritize my friends within a busy schedule, I use some of these applications to stay up to date on their availability.



I N S T A G R A M

Instagram is my primary source for information for a myriad of reasons. The first being it is the platform many designers go to share new information about their products. Influencers also use this platform to share with consumers what products they are using. 

Outside of career information, I use instagram to get news related updates. News companies like ABC, CNN, FOX, NBC, etc. share news headlines on instagram. The reason why I prefer to consume this information via Instagram, is because along with the reporters opinion, you can read the comments and get the people's opinion. Finding unbiased news is borderline impossible, so this is my way of attempting to get a full picture perspective. 



T I K T O K

TikTok is my second favorite place to consume media. This is partly due to the amount of time I spend here. The short nature of the videos makes consuming media feel effortless. My motives for using TikTok and Instagram are very similar. Both formats have a comment section, so I have more resources to sort out fake news. Both formats are used by fashion influencers as well. TikTok is video based, while Instagram is typically photo based. The video format feels more personal which can help influencers feel more human.

 

Blog | WGSN

W G S N 

WGSN is a website that provides updated trend forecasts and fashion news. Because I want to work in the fashion industry, it is important for me to be an informed consumer! Consistently keeping up with fashion news helps set me aside from other individuals competing for similar jobs. If you are not interested in a career in fashion, WGSN is still a helpful source to keep up with what is, or will be, in style! Save money on items that are projected to go out of style quickly and spend on items that will last for a longer period of time.



S N A P C H A T

As previously mentioned in my biography, my friends are a huge part of my life. Snapchat is a helpful tool to keep up with what they are doing! I fill my schedule a week ahead of time and only have occasional openings. The ability to have a quick exchange of last minute plans that may fit into that schedule is one I value! While this information is not deep in educational value, it is still helpful and important in my life!


Y O U T U B E

Youtube is a source that I use both personally, and professionally! Many of my professors assign the viewing of informational videos to watch. It is also a great place to go to learn a new skill. I learned how to play guitar through this application! In addition to the News outlets posting on instagram, they also have youtube channels. If I want to watch a quick recap on events that occurred to ensure I am an informed individual, Youtube is one of the most efficient applications!







 

Comments

Popular Posts